Pesce spada in salsa di pomodoro
- 6 swordfish steaks, each weighing about 170g
- 2 tablespoons plain white flour
- 105ml olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Garlic to taste, chopped
- 1 stick of celery, finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves, broken into pieces
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 200ml water or fish stock
- 70ml dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220° C (425° F - gas 7)
- Coat the fish on both sides and sprinkle on a little salt.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the fish for 3 minutes on each side.
- Drain on kitchen paper and reserve.
- Add the onion, garlic, celery and bay leaves to the oil and fry gently for about 6 minutes.
- Add the tomato purée and water or stock to the vegetables and stir.
- Bring to a simmer and simmer gently for about 10 minutes.
- Add the fish to the sauce then add the wine and oregano.
- Boil for about 2 minutes.
- Turn the fish over, season with pepper, then transfer to a baking dish.
- Bake for about 8 minutes.
I feel that for 6 people, the sauce quantity should be increased.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.