Paleo sausage muffin with smashed avocado
On a weekend, Paleo Polly loves nothing more than indulging in a hearty breakfast. This recipe is a completely stripped down, wholesome paleo version of a sausage muffin! It has all the flavour, but without any processed nasties!
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- Olive oil
- 2 Debbie and Andrew's Harrogate 97% Gluten Free Pork Sausages, de-skinned
- 2 large eggs
- Black pepper
- 1 avocado, mashed with the juice of 1 lime
- 100ml of water
- Take two stainless steel 8cm cutters, and grease using olive oil.
- In a mixing bowl, de-skin the sausages, season and mix.
- On a plate, take the cutter and fill with the sausage meat.
- Take a frying pan, add olive oil, and cook the sausage patty on a medium heat for around 4 minutes.
- Flip over, cook on the other side for 4 mins - place the cutter around the meat again to retain the shape.
- Wash and clean the cutter.
- Take the eggs and crack into a bowl. Pierce the egg yolks with a fork.
- In a non stick frying pan, heat some olive oil. Add the cutter to the pan. Once the olive oil is hot, pour in the egg.
- Repeat this with the second egg. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the eggs are cooking add the water to the pan, reduce the heat and cover. Allow the eggs to steam for a couple of minutes.
- Remove from the pan. Assemble the muffin by layering the sausage meat on top of the egg. Top with avocado, and add the eggy lid.
- You can add Paleo Pollys paleo ketchup for tomato sauce fans!
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of debbieandandrew.co.uk
Many thanks to debbie&andrew's sausages for kindly giving Cookipedia permission to use the their recipes.