Oriental-style lamb stir-fry
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 175 g lamb fillet, trimmed of fat and cut into thin strips
- 2.5 cm piece of ginger, peeled and chopped. If you use ginger in small amounts, buy lots this time and make your own homemade lazy ginger - it keeps forever.
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced on the diagonal
- 225 g mushrooms, wiped clean and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- Coriander or parsley leaves to garnish
- Cook the rice and the broccoli or whatever vegetables you are adding to it
- Meanwhile ,spray a wok with a little oil (wipe with an oiled paper towel if you don't have an oil spray)
- Stir-fry the lamb over a high heat for a few minutes until browned
- Add the ginger, garlic, red pepper, half of the spring onions and stir-fry for 3 minutes
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well
- Serve immediately
There is no need to peel ginger. As a result of attending a Thai cookery demo, we have learnt that peeling ginger is unnecessary unless for aesthetic purposes as the skin is high in fibre and full of flavour. However, do remove any bits that have become tough or woody.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.