Organic Rooster and Leek Pie
Albert Bartlett products can be found in most UK supermarkets. You can find out more about their products at http://albertbartlett.co.uk.
- 750g Organic Rooster Potatoes
- 300g Leeks, well washed
- 1 Onion
- 50g Butter
- 300g puff pastry
- 4 tablespoon Flat Parsley, chopped
- 1 free range egg
- 100ml double cream, boiled
- Peel then slice potatoes on a mandolin.
- Finely slice the onions and leeks.
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the onion and sweat these for 2-3 minutes without browning.
- Add the leeks and cook together until softened.
- Add the sliced potato and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Season and leave to cool.
- Roll out two thirds of the puff pastry and line a 20cm dish.
- Roll out the remaining pastry to make a lid and rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Mix the parsley with the cooled potato and leek mixture, spoon into the pastry case, brush the edges with beaten egg and cover with puff pastry.
- Press the edges together, make a small hole in the centre and brush the top with the rest of the beaten egg.
- Bake for 45 minutes - 1 hour at 180° C (350° F - gas 4), covering if it browns too much.
- Once cooked, leave to rest for ½ hour before pouring the boiled cream into the pie through the hole in the centre.
- Leave to cool and serve at room temperature.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of the now inactive www.albert-bartlett.co.uk