Ocopa arequipeño (Ocopa from Arequipa)
From Cookipedia(Redirected from Ocopa)
- 6 mirasol chillies or any other smallish hot red chillies, rehydrated if dried
- 140 ml peanut oil
- 1 medium onion, thickly sliced
- Garlic to taste, finely chopped
- 115 g shelled walnuts, ground
- 140 g queso blanco, Caerphilly or Cheshire cheese, crumbled
- 280 ml milk
- Salt, to taste
- 6 Lettuce leaves
- 6 medium, warm, cooked potatoes, cut into halves, lengthwise
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, cut into halves, lengthwise
- 12 black olives
- 1 sweet red pepper cut into strips to garnish
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan and sauté the onion and garlic over a very low heat until the onion is golden.
- Pour the mixture into a blender with the chillies, walnuts, cheese, milk and salt and process until smooth - if the sauce is too thick add milk and oil in equal quantities to thin it down.
- Arrange a bed of lettuce leaves on a large, warmed platter and place the potatoes, cut side down, on the lettuce.
- Cover the potatoes with the sauce and garnish with the eggs, cut side up, the oilves and the peppers strips.
To make Ocopa de Camarones, use the above recipe, but reduce the walnuts to 60 g and add 225 g cooked, chopped shrimps or prawns. In addition, garnish the platter with 115 g medium, cooked, peeled prawns.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.