Mustard roasted loin of pork with melting rooster potatoes
A warming dish for winter.
Albert Bartlett products can be found in most UK supermarkets. You can find out more about their products at http://albertbartlett.co.uk.
- 900g pork loin with Skin Removed
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 12 Baby Rooster Potatoes
- 75g Butter Softened
- Salt & Pepper
- Trim any excess fat from the loin leaving about 5mm.
- Score the fat with the tip of a small knife, rub the mustard into the fat, season with salt & pepper, place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C / Gas Mark 6.
- Spread the butter over the bottom of a braising dish just large enough to take all the potatoes.
- Trim 1cm off the end of each potato and place them flat side down into the dish, they should all fit snugly.
- Pour cold water into the dish until the potatoes are just covered, bring the water to the boil and place into the oven.
- Place the pork onto a Roasting tray and place into the oven. Roast the pork for 45 to 50 minutes, and rest for a further 15. The water should have reduced to dry and the potatoes should be tender.
- If the water has not reduced remove from the oven and finish cooking on the gas, until the potatoes are golden brown.
- A comprehensive guide to roast meat cooking times - give the time you want to carve your roast and we'll give you a timed step by step roasting guide
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of the now inactive www.albert-bartlett.co.uk