Mushrooms with egg yolks
- Olive oil
- Garlic to taste, finely sliced
- 500g large flat mushrooms, sliced
- A pinch of salt
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- Parsley, to garnish, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the garlic.
- Sauté until beginning to turn golden, then add the mushrooms and a little salt.
- Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill.
- Transfer the mushroom mixture to a baking dish and pour the egg yolks over it.
- Place under the grill for about 2 minutes.
- Serve in the baking dish, sprinkled with some chopped parsley.
My husband enjoyed this, but suggested the addition of Pimentón de La Vera picante next time.
- Lightly sdapted from a recipe in Menú del Día (ISBN 8488043007) by the great Basque chef Karlos Arguiñano.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#mushroomswitheggyolks #parsley #garlic #grill #mushrooms #eggyolks #baking #accompaniment #unusualrecipes #spanish #oliveoil