Hot mixed nuts from Lebanon.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Garlic to taste, diced
- 1 bunch radishes, topped, tailed and diced
- Red chillies to taste, diced
- 110 g walnuts, shelled and chopped, or lightly crushed
- 110 g pine nuts, chopped
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Add the olive oil to a pan and heat to medium. Add the garlic, radishes and chillies.
- Cook for a few minutes.
- Add the nuts and stir for a minute or two.
- Add the spring onions, stir for a further minute and season with the cayenne pepper and the salt.
Serve with pitta bread.
Not being fond of sweet food, I often eat this for breakfast instead of cereal.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#muhumara #diced #radishes #cayennepepper #garlic #springonions #nuts #oliveoil #cereal #panfried #chillies