Morcilla casera de Extremadura (Home-made morcilla from Extremadura)
- 3 leaves of swiss chard
- 200 g hard pork fat
- 1 sprig of mint
- 2 onions
- 2 red peppers
- 5 bulbs garlic
- Pig's blood
- Smoked paprika (hot or sweet)
- Sausage casings
- Finely chop and mix together the first 7 ingredients.
- Add the salt and paprika and then the blood and oil, until it is the right consistency to stuff the casings .
- Stuff according to the instructions of your machine.
- Simmer gently in water until cooked, being careful that the casings do not split. Alternatively you can fry them in oil.
I would recommend that you practice making normal sausages first, just to get the feel for the correct consistency.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.