Marmitako (Basque fish stew) (TM)
A Thermomix version of this famous dish from the Basque Country where it is known as Marmita-kua
For the sofrito
For the marmitako
- 2 teaspoons choricero pepper paste or 1 tablespoon paprika
- 800g potatoes, but into large cubes
- 400g fish stock or water
- 300g bonito or fresh tuna, without skin or bones, cut into fingers
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Tip all of the sofrito ingredients into the bowl and chop 4 seconds / Speed 4.
- Program 7 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed 1.
- Add the choricero pepper paste or paprika and mix for a few seconds / Speed 3.
- Next, place the Butterly on the blades add the potatoes and cook 2 minutes / 100° / Reverse Blade / Speed Spoon.
- Add the fish stock or water and the salt 20 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Reverse Blade / Speed Spoon.
- Add the bonito or tuna 3 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Reverse Blade / Speed Spoon.
- When the machine stops, incorporate the chopped parsley.
- Adjust seasoning and leave for a few minutes without removing the bowl from the machine.
Serve with country bread.
- This is a translation of a recipe in Thermomix TM31 - Imprescindible para tu cocina which is the book supplied with Spanish TMXs
The final cooking time depends on the type of potatoes used
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.