Locro de papas
- 60g butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1tsp sweet paprika
- 850ml vegetable stock or water
- 1.8 kg potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 235ml milk
- 140ml single cream
- 225g Cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper
- Melt the butter over a medium heat in a large saucepan.
- Add the onion and sauté until soft.
- Stir in the paprika and cook for no longer than 30 seconds, otherwise it will become bitter.
- Add the stock or water and bring to the boil.
- Add the potatoes and simmer over a low heat, stirring occasionally.
- When the potatoes are almost done, add the milk and cream and continue to cook, stirring from time to time, until the potatoes begin to disintegrate.
- Stir in the cheese, season to taste and serve immediately.
Serve accompanied by avocado slices.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.