Leftover chicken in adobo sauce
I've had half a jar of adobo sauce in the fridge since the Westdean chili fiesta in the summer. I've used a little from time to time, even spread it on bread! but I thought it really should be used up now.
This was really a throw-together of 'fridge-forage', but it was so quick to cook and the picture so colourful, I thought it might give someone a little inspiration.
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed, or to taste
- Olive oil for frying
- Leftover cooked chicken or turkey for two
- 4 heaped tablespoons adobo sauce
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of mixed beans or pulses
- 30g frozen peas, defrosted
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the garlic olive oil in a large frying pan and sauté the onions and garlic for about 5 minutes on a medium heat until the onions are translucent
- Add the chicken or turkey pieces and stir fry for a few minutes
- Pour in the adobo sauce and mix well
- Add the beans and tomatoes and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until the beans are reheated
Serve hot with plain boiled rice
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.