Kuddelfleck (Luxembourg tripe)
For the tipe
For the sauce
- 1 shallots, finely chopped
- 50g butter
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 500ml hot beef stock
- Glug of dry Reisling
- 2 gherkins, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons capers
- Cut the tripe into 5 x 8cm rectangles.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs and seasoning.
- Put the flour in another bowl
- Lower the tripe pieces first into the egg, and then into the flour.
- Now start the sauce - see below
- Meanwhile heat the oil pan.
- Fry the tripe on both sides until crisp.
- When cooked, place on a preheated plate covered with a paper towel.
- Melt a little of the butter in a pan.
- Lightly fry the shallots and set aside.
- Melt the remaining butter on a high heat.
- Sift and stir in the flour into the pan and cook until golden brown.
- Take the pan off the heat and add a glug of wine and the beef stock.
- Return to the heat and bring to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and add the cooked shallots, gherkins, and capers.
- Add the parsley and chopped chives.
- Heat through and serve with the fried tripe
Serve with boiled potatoes.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.