This delicious meal is easy to make - the ingredients are layered into a flameproof casserole dish and slowly simmered.
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 1.3 kg (3 lb) a mixed selection of neck cutlets and neck fillets of lamb
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 350 g (12 oz) onions, peeled and thickly sliced
- 225 g (8 oz) carrots, scrubbed and cut into quite thick rings
- 2 leeks, well washed under running water, chopped
- 275 g (10 oz) potatoes, peeled and cut into thick chunks
- 1 tablespoon pearl barley
- Trim the meat of any large areas of fat and discard (or feed to the birds)
- Add 2 tablespoons of plain flour to a saucer and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Coat each piece of meat in the flour and layer into a large flame-proof casserole dish
- Follow by carrots, onions, leeks and potatoes
- Continue layering until the ingredients are used up
- Sprinkle the pearl barley on the surface
- Season with salt and pepper
- Pour over 1.2 litres (2 pints) of boiling water
- Heat on the hob and bring to the boil, scooping and discarding any fat that rises to the top
- Cover with a sheet of tin-foil and then with the lid
- Simmer on your lowest heat for 2 hours
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.