- ½ head of cabbage of your choice.
- A knob of butter
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Toasted seeds (optional) - choose from black mustard, cumin, sesame etc.
- Shred the cabbage finely.
- Place in a large pan and cover with boiling water.
- Add a pinch of salt to the water.
- Allow to return to the boil.
- Simmer vigorously for 4 minutes.
- Test a piece, it should be like al-dente pasta, with a little 'bite' to it.
- Drain well, pressing in a colander (or spinning in a salad spinner) if necessary, to remove excess water.
- Add to a warm bowl with a knob of butter, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with toasted seeds if using.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.