- ½ head of cabbage of your choice.
- A knob of butter
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Toasted seeds (optional) - choose from black mustard, cumin, sesame etc.
- Shred the cabbage finely.
- Place in a large pan and cover with boiling water.
- Add a pinch of salt to the water.
- Allow to return to the boil.
- Simmer vigorously for 4 minutes.
- Test a piece, it should be like al-dente pasta, with a little 'bite' to it.
- Drain well, pressing in a colander (or spinning in a salad spinner) if necessary, to remove excess water.
- Add to a warm bowl with a knob of butter, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with toasted seeds if using.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#cabbage #boiledcabbage #butter #toasted #sesame #saladspinner #vegetable #garlic #boiledorsimmered #pasta #simmer