Huzarensla (Dutch 'Russian' salad)
- 200g cooked and cubed pork or veal
- 2 apples, cored, peeled and chopped
- 1 small beetroot, cooked and chopped
- 2 hard boiled eggs, shelled - one finely chopped and the other thinly sliced
- 3 gherkins - two finely chopped and the other thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 8 small, new potatoes, cooked, cooled and chopped
- 45 ml oil
- 45ml white wine vinegar
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Crisp lettuce leaves
- 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- Mix the meat, apples, beetroot, 1 finely chopped egg, 2 chopped gherkins, onion and potatoes in a bowl.
- Mix the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper, pour over the salad and toss thoroughly.
- Put several lettuce leaves on a flat serving dish.
- Arrange the salad in the boat shape on the lettuce.
- Cover the 'boat' with a very thin layer of mayonnaise and garnish with thin slices of egg, gherkin and tomato.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#salad #gherkins #mayonnaise #egg #beetroot #apples #onion #tomato #lettuceleaves #veal #gherkin