From Cookipedia(Redirected from Hungarian sauce)
Sauce hongroise (Hungarian sauce), A derivative of Sauce velouté.
- 4 tablespoons onion, chopped
- Large pinch Hungarian paprika
- Pinch salt
- 125ml dry white wine
- Small bouquet garni
- 300ml veal or fish based Sauce velouté
- 50g butter
- Melt the butter in a pan and sauté the onions until soft.
- Add the paprika, salt, white wine and the bouquet garni and reduce by two thirds.
- Add the sauce velouté and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the bouquet garni and blend or pass through a sieve.
- Stir in the butter and serve.
- Lightly adapted from a recipe in Larousse Gastronomique (1961)
The weights of some of the ingredients are a little as they have given in US and Metric and the one does not correspond with the other.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.