Huevos al vino (Eggs in wine)
An first course from Peru, which I think would also make an unusual breakfast dish.
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- 480 ml vegetable stock
- 240 ml dry white wine
- 2 slices of lime, minus the peel
- Garlic to taste, peeled and left whole
- A pinch of nutmeg
- 2 sprigs of parsley
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 peppercorns
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 60 g butter
- Finely chopped parsley to garnish
- Put the stock in a pan, heat it and add the wine, lime, garlic, nutmeg, parsley, carrots, onion, salt and peppercorns.
- Cook over a medium heat until the liquid is reduced to 120 ml - about 30 minutes.
- Cut the eggs in half and arrange on plates or a serving dish.
- Add the mustard and butter to the sauce, beating vigorously and pour over the eggs.
- Garnish with the chopped parsley.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.