Hot Havana Cornbread (gluten free)
- Vegetable oil or spray for greasing the cupcake tins
- 275 grams Harina Pan Dulce
- 75 grams Plantain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1 teaspoon Tropical Sun scotch bonnet pepper sauce
- 80 grams parmesan cheese
- 1 free range egg
- 150 ml milk
- 425 ml buttermilk or thinned yogurt
- Heat over to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Lightly oil a non-stick tin or cupcake tins
- Put cornmeal, baking soda, flour, parsley, peppers, onion salt and cheese in a bowl.
- In separate bowl, combine egg, milk and buttermilk.
- Pour liquid mixture into dry ingredients.
- Blend and then spoon into tins or cupcake moulds.
- Top with more cheese and bake in a rectangular tin for 25 - 30 minutes or in cupcake tins for 18 - 23 minutes.
CubanCuisine.co.uk can provide all specialist items in this recipe via www.cubancuisine.co.uk, their recently updated Cuban ingredient supplies website. Just click on the product link in the recipe to take you to the Cookipedia ingredient description page from where you can order the item online via CubanCuisine.co.uk (worldwide deliveries)
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.