Hot Havana Cornbread (gluten free)
- Vegetable oil or spray for greasing the cupcake tins
- 275 grams Harina Pan Dulce
- 75 grams Plantain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1 teaspoon Tropical Sun scotch bonnet pepper sauce
- 80 grams parmesan cheese
- 1 free range egg
- 150 ml milk
- 425 ml buttermilk or thinned yogurt
- Heat over to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Lightly oil a non-stick tin or cupcake tins
- Put cornmeal, baking soda, flour, parsley, peppers, onion salt and cheese in a bowl.
- In separate bowl, combine egg, milk and buttermilk.
- Pour liquid mixture into dry ingredients.
- Blend and then spoon into tins or cupcake moulds.
- Top with more cheese and bake in a rectangular tin for 25 - 30 minutes or in cupcake tins for 18 - 23 minutes.
This recipe has been added courtesy of Carla Cancio-Bello - cuban cuisine.co.uk. Unfortunately, as of February 2019 the website is no longer in existence.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.