(Redirected from Hollywood Quesadillas recipes)
I first had these when working next door (from a bar on Sunset Blvd. in 1979). The concept is simple, the ingredients simpler.I have enhanced the 'bar food' version, as I learned they could be more complete and more satisfying. Serve for snacks or a light lunch. Think of quesadillas as Tex-Mex pizza.
- 4 flour tortillas (10"-12")
- 6 oz. grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh green or red jalapeno peppers, seeded and membraned, then diced fine
- ½ cup diced Spanish (Yellow) onion, fine diced
- 3 tablespoons tomato salsa ( or more) you choose the salsa-I make my own)
- Chopped Cilantro (opt.)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin (opt.)
- Have everything at or close to room temperature and a large fry pan!
- Spread all ingredients ( except cheese)with the back of a large spoon on tortilla one. Set grill.hob to medium low..
- Sprinkle cheese over tomato pepper salsa. Place second tortilla over top. slide this into the pan, and steam by using pan cover, or not if you want a more brittle version of quesadillas. After about 5 minutes, flip the quesadilla to brown tortilla 2. When it is all sizzling (3 minutes), transfer to cutting board and slice in wedges, as you would a pizza or cheesecake, 3 or 4 to a plate.
- This recipe can be multiplied for extra appetisers. Remember: you can put in refritos, steamed corn, chopped olives...but this is the core recipe.
Serve with a good light 'cervesa' (beer) and lots of paper towels
Change cheeses. Medium Cheddars, Canadian Brick Cheese or Colby also work well. You can also use chopped jarred jalapenos or others, but it isn't fresh anymore. Canned jalapenos are milder, usually, then their fresh ancestors.
I found these difficult to flip, without emptying the contents all over the hob. If you feel doubtful, use two plates to flip the quesadillas: Lay one over the pan, flip both over, place a second plate over the first, invert those, remove the top plate, replace with the pan, invert those, remove the plate. If you can do a better job of explaining this, please do.
Recipe contributed by Tetramariner 15:28, 30 January 2010 (GMT)
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#cheese #hollywoodquesadillas #diced #tortilla #salsa #pizza #quesadillas #peppers #jalapenos #tortillas #miseenplace