Harissa chicken with bulgur wheat, pine nut and parsley pilaf
(Redirected from Harissa chicken with bulgur wheat, pine nut and parsley pilaf recipe)
- 6 chicken breast fillets, with skin on
- 3 tablespoons Belazu Rose Harissa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 40g pine nuts
- 375g bulgur wheat
- 600ml chicken stock, hot
- 40g currants
- Good handful chopped fresh parsley
- Cut 3 slashes into each breast. Put in a bowl with harissa and half the oil. Turn to coat, then set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large, deep pan with a tight-fitting lid over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or so until soft. Add the ginger, spices and pine nuts. Cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring until the nuts are golden.
- Meanwhile, put a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. When hot, add the chicken and cook for 6 to 8 minutes each side, until golden. Set aside, covered with foil to keep hot.
- Meanwhile, stir the bulgur wheat into the onion mixture. Remove from the heat after 30 seconds and add the hot stock and currants. Cover and set aside for 10-12 minutes or until the stock has been absorbed-the bulgur wheat will still have a good bite to it. Stir in most of the parsley and some seasoning. Fluff up with a fork.
- Divide the pilaf between six plates, top with the chicken and scatter with the remaining parsley to serve.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of Belazu.com
Belazu products used in this recipe
- Belazu Early Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil Unfiltered
- virgin-olive-oils.html Belazu Extra virgin olive oil
- Belazu Rose Harissa
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#chicken #parsley #currants #onion #pilaf #ginger #pinenuts #harissachickenwithbulgurwheatpinenutandparsleypilaf #harissa #bulgurwheat #nuts