Ham and conchiglie salad
- 500 g conchiglie (pasta shells)
- Garlic, crushed, to taste
- 500 g small mushrooms, wiped and sliced
- 4 rashers back bacon, chopped
- 500 g broccoli florets, steamed, drained and allowed to cool
- 100 g mange-touts, sliced lengthways
- 250 g ham (in one piece), chopped
- 180 ml vinaigrette
- Boil the conchiglie until it is al dente (see packet instructions).
- Cool in cold water and drain thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, heat some oil in a pan and gently cook the garlic and mushrooms until the mushrooms are soft.
- Drain off any excess liquid and place in a a bowl.
- To the same pan, fry the bacon until crisp and brown and pat dry with kitchen towel.
- Add to the bowl with the broccoli, mange-touts and ham.
- Add the vinaigrette and mix thoroughly.
I made this for two as a main course, with much reduced quantities, below, and it was still too much. I would be inclined to reduce the pasta a little and rely upon your best judgement for the remaining quantities.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.