Green beans with garlic
This tasty accompaniment is quick to make and can easily be altered to suit your particular taste.
We frequently make this recipe with french green beans, but any long bean would work, including runner beans. Boil or steam them so they are cooked to to your liking and then quickly coat in garlicky butter.
- 200 g to 250 g of trimmed green beans (from about 300g of untrimmed beans)
- 1 tablespoon of butter or a mixture of butter and olive oil
- 3 or 4 Cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- Freshly ground black pepper
3 minutes for al-dente
5 minutes for soggy
timed from dropping into already boiling water
- Drain the beans well or they will splatter when you fry them
- Heat the oil / butter in a heavy based frying pan over a medium heat
- Add a few twists of black pepper and once it is sizzling, add the Crushed garlic
- Stir the garlic and before it begins to colour, add the beans
- Mix well and stir-fry for 2 or three minutes, stirring regularly
- Serve immediately
When you add the beans, try adding one of the following as well:
Also give Green beans with soy and sesame a try, it's fast becoming one of my favourites.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.