Green beans with soy and sesame
French green beans with an Oriental flavour
- 400 g French green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon groundnut oil
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon pickled red cabbage
- Heat the oil in a wok at the highest heat
- Add the garlic and stir-fry for a few seconds, don't allow it to burn
- Add the beans and reduce the heat. Stir fry for 4 minutes
- Pour in the soy and sesame oil, stir and pour into a serving dish
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and pickled cabbage.
- Serve immediately.
These are also nice served at room temperature
Anne does not like here vegetables crunchy so just for her, in this recipe I drop them into boiling water for a few minutes, drain and then continue as directed.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.