Garganelli and tofu salad
Garganelli is a scroll shaped pasta
- 250g garganelli or fusilli, boiled, rinsed and throroughly drained
- * see Pasta cooking times
- 200g smoked tofu, cubed - I used Taifun smoked tofu with almonds and sesame seeds
- 60g pumpkin seeds
- 60g cashew nuts, coarsely chopped
- 8 spring onions, chopped
- 300g tomatoes, chopped
- 300ml mayonnaise mixed with 2 tablespoons Pakistani basar or Indian spice mix of your choice
- Mix the pasta with the tofu, seeds, nuts and vegetables.
- Gently stir in the mayonnaise and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Do not season until you have tasted as some spice mixes, especially shop bought ones can contain quite a lot of salt Egg garganelli is available from the Bay Tree Food Company who also provide a list of local suppliers Taifun smoked tofu with almonds and sesame seeds can be obtained from branches of Waitrose
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.