Gambas al ajillo
- 450g (1 lb) fresh peeled prawns
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon hot chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika powder (normal paprika powder will do)
- 4 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Olive oil
- 1 lime, quartered
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut each slice down the centre of the back of each prawn. This will enable you to remove the bitter black 'backbone' and will allow the prawn to curl open when cooked.
- Add 2 or 3 good glugs of olive oil to a large frying pan over a medium heat
- When the oil is hot, but not smoking, add the garlic and chili flakes and sauté for a few minutes so the oil is nicely flavoured. Don't burn the garlic or you will need to start again!
- Turn up the heat and add the sherry, lemon juice, paprika powder and the prawns, stirring until the prawns change colour and curl. This should take about 3 minutes
- Arrange in a bowl and garnish with the chopped parsley
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.