Fresh peas with ham and garlic
- A dash of olive oil
- 2 Cloves of garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- 175 g (6 oz) fresh or frozen peas
- 4 slices or parma ham, Home smoked bacon or good quality dry-cured bacon
- A grind of black pepper
- If using frozen peas or large fresh peas, cook as you would do normally, either microwave or boil for a few minutes. Drain well.
- Omit this stage if you are using fresh baby peas.
- Slice the bacon into bite-sized strips
- Heat the oil in a small pan and add the garlic slices
- As soon as it starts to colour, add the ham or bacon
- Stir fry for a few minutes, until the meat takes a little colour
- Add the peas and continue to heat whilst jiggling the pan
- Serve immediately
This would work well with baby broad beans too
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.