(Redirected from Fondue using Spanish ingredients)
This is the traditional Swiss fondue and is absolutely delicious.
- 320 g Emmenthal cheese, grated
- 320 g Gruyère cheese, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon plain flour
- 125 ml dry white wine
- 40 ml Kirsch
- Black pepper, to taste
- Nutmeg, grated, to taste
- 1 baguette, sliced
- In a fondue pot, mix the cheeses, flour, garlic and then the wine.
- Heat at a lowish temperature to start with, continuously stirring the mixture in a figure-of-eight.
- Gradually increase the heat until the mixture has melted and is bubbling.
- Keep stirring, add the Kirsch, pepper and nutmeg then reduce the heat to very low.
- It should be kept on a gentle heat whilst it is being eaten.
The word 'fondue' means melted. Cheese melts, oil does not.
Although fondue is uncommon in Spain, I have thought about making a Spanish version. Substitute Tetilla for the Emmental cheese and Mahón-Menorca for the Gruyère. Use Asturian cider instead of wine and dry sherry instead of kirsch.
Ideally, you need a fondue set to create this dish as it needs to be brought to the table and kept warm. However, it is possible to make this in a saucepan and keep it warm in a bowl on a table-top food warmer.
- Our selection of other fondue recipes
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#fondueneufchatel #fondue #cheese #grated #wine #dip #cheeses #nutmeg #garlic #kirsch #fondues