Fish stew from Tirana
Nice! 5/5 Especially with all that garlic! Klapaucius)
This is an Albanian speciality.
- 45 ml olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- Garlic to taste, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 600 ml court bouillon or water
- 125 ml dry white wine
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- A large pinch of black pepper
- A small pinch of basil
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 750 g firm white fish, cut into 4 cm chunks
- 300 ml yogurt mixed with 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onion and garlic until soft.
- Stir in the tomato purée then add the court bouillon or water, wine, potatoes, bay leaves, seasoning, basil and Cayenne pepper.
- Cook over a medium heat, covered, for about 10 minutes.
- Add the fish and cook for a further 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the parsley and yogurt mix and heat through but do not boil.
Serve on a bed of pilav or noodles.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#fishstewfromtirana #potatoes #basil #courtbouillon #garlic #parsley #onion #fish #yoghurt #bayleaves #tomato