Crispy duck parcels
- 2 duck legs
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 10 g fresh ginger, chopped or grated
- A splash of soy sauce
- 20 g drizzle of honey
- 100 g spring onions
- 1 300 g cucumber
- 8 large lettuce leaves
- 50 ml hoisin sauce
- Fresh coriander leaves (optional)
- Fresh lime (optional)
- Heat the oven to 160° C (325° F - gas 3), [fan oven 140° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Pop duck in a roasting dish. Add chilli, ginger, soy sauce and honey. Massage into duck.
- Roast for 45 mins. Then, crank the oven up to 190° C (375° F - gas 5), [fan oven 170° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour] to help crisp the skin; cook for 15 mins, till duck is crisp, golden and cooked through test by piercing a fat part of the leg if the juices run clear, it's done.
- Rest for 15 mins.
- Slice onions and cucumbers into wispy wands. Wash your lettuce leaves.
- Shred the cooled duck. Spoon some sauce over it. Fold through.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
All of the ingredients in this recipe can be delivered to your door by Abel & Cole; weekly home deliveries of organic fruit and vegetable boxes, and much much more.