Crema de zanahoria y tomate (TM)
- 500g tomatoes
- 3 carrots
- 2 leeks
- ½ MC olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 500g water
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 1 teaspoon basil, chopped
- Peel the tomatoes and remove the seeds.
- Peel the carrots and cut them into pieces.
- Clean the leeks, discard the green parts and chop them.
- Put the oil, butter, leeks, carrots, tomatoes and the garlic in the bowl.
- Insert the internal steaming basket to avoid splashing 3 minutes / 100° / Speed 8.
- Lower to Speed 1 and continue at the same temperature / 5 minutes more.
- After this time, add the water, stock cubes, basil and pepper 20 minutes / 100° / Speed 1.
- When the machine stops, check the texture of the soup; if it is too thick, add a little more water and cook for a few seconds more at the same speed and temperature.
- Serve, accompanied with squares of bread and decorated with carrot flowers.
- Origin: Translated from a recipe in Cocina española con Thermomix (Susaeta Ediciones).
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.