Crema de mariscos (Cream of seafood soup) (TM)
For the Varoma basket
For the broth
For the sofrito
- In the Varoma basket, put the clean mussels, the fish fillets and 2 or 3 prawns per person, and sprinkle the saffron strands over the top.
- Cover and reserve.
- Put the oil in the bowl 3 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed 1.
- Add the heads and shells of the prawns 3 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed 4.
- When the time is up, add the brandy and leave to rest for a few seconds.
- Add the water 5 minutes / 100° / Speed 2.
- Strain and reserve the stock.
- Wash the bowl, add the sofrito ingredients and chop 4 seconds / Speed 4.
- Afterwards, program 5 minutes / 100° / Speed 1.
- Add the reserved stock and place the Varoma basket over the bowl 10 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed 1.
- Cut the fish into pieces [and remove the shells from the mussels] and add to the bowl, reserving the bodies of the prawns 30 seconds / Speed 7.
- Add the cream, season and program 2 minutes / 80° / Speed 5.
- Add more water if you think it is necessary and blend for a few seconds / Speed 7, until you have a homogenous mixture and you desired texture.
- To decorate, place a basil leaf in the centre of each bowl, with two or three prawns on the top.
- This is a translation of a recipe in Thermomix TM31 - Imprescindible para tu cocina which is the book supplied with Spanish TMXs.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.