Crema de Espárragos Blancos (White Asparagus Soup) (TM)
- 30 g Grated cheese to sprinkle on top
- 1 x 520g jar white asparagus, with its liquid
- 520g milk
- 25g plain flour
- 55g butter
- 2 teaspoons vegetable bouillon powder (you may need less if using TMX stock)
- Grate the cheese in the bowl by dropping chunk of it onto running blades Speed 6 or 7 or 8, depending on the hardness of the cheese.
- Remove and reserve.
- Put the remaining ingredients into the bowl and programme 20 minutes / 90° / Speed 5.
- Serve, garnished with the grated cheese.
The original recipe calls for the soup to be garnished with crisped Serrano ham, but as a vegetarian, I opted for cheese. It also suggests that you strain it through the internal steam basket - don't create washing up, it is not necessary!
I have also scaled down the quantities to suit the size of jarred white asparagus that I can easily buy.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.