Crema catalana (Catalan cream) (TM)
This is a Catalan version of Crème Brûlée, the difference being the addition of lemon zest.
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 1 litre milk
- 10 egg yolks
- 150g sugar
- 40g cornflour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- The peel of 1 lemon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Place the Butterfly over the blades.
- Add all of the ingredients to the bowl, except for the lemon peel and cinnamon stick 15 secs / Speed 3½.
- Add the lemon peel and the cinnamon 11 minutes / 90°C / Speed 2.
- Then 2 minutes / Speed 2 without temperature.
- Pour into heatproof bowls and either blow torch the top, or place under the grill until well browned.
- Allow to reach room temperature before serving.
- Lightly adapted from Thermomix TM31: Imprescindible para su cocina
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.