Corned beef hash with eggs
A delicious dish that works as a brunch, snack or a full blown meal.
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 sweet bell pepper, any colour, deseeded and chopped
- 2 large boiled potatoes, cubed
- 350 g (12 oz) can of corned beef
- ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoons paprika powder
- 4 free-range eggs
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- Mix the butter and oil together in a large frying pan and fry the onions and peppers for 5 minutes
- Cube the corned beef and add to a bowl together with the potato cubes, paprika, ground nutmeg and season with salt and pepper
- Add the mixture to the frying pan and press down so you have a flat tortilla
- Fry for about 5 minutes, shimmying the pan so it can crisp-up without sticking
- Flip it or turn it over with a spatula and fry the other side for 4 minutes
- With a tablespoon, make 4 depressions in the mixture and break the eggs into the wells you have made
- Cover the pan and poach the eggs until the whites are set, about 4 minutes
- Garnish with parsley and serve hot
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.