Choto ajillo (Kid and garlic casserole)
- Olive oil for frying
- 1 slice good, stale bread, cut into pieces
- 1 bulb garlic, peeled and chopped
- 900 g kid, diced
- Pinch of sweet, smoked paprika
- Pinch of dried oregano or marjoram
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 375 ml dry white wine
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/350 F/ Gas 4
- Heat the oil in a small pan and add the bread and garlic.
- Fry until the garlic is slightly brown and transfer to a casserole dish.
- Sear the kid in the same pan and add to the casserole.
- Mix the paprika, oregano, bay leaves, sherry vinegar and the seasoning together and then pour it over the meat.
- Add the white wine and cook (uncovered) at 180 C/350 F/ Gas 4 for about an hour and a half or until the meat is tender.
Serve with lots of fresh bread.
The dish should still have quite a bit of liquid at the end of the cooking period. If you find that it evaporates too quickly, cover it with a lid. --JuliaBalbilla 10:58, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.