Chorizo, pasta and vegetable bake
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves of Garlic, peeled and crushed
- Handful of fresh basil, stalks removed
- 400 g can of plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, any colour, de-seeded and quartered
- 1 aubergine, halved and stem removed
- 350 g dried penne pasta
- 125 g mozzarella cheese, ripped to bits
- 250 g thinly sliced chorizo
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan and sautee the onions and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes, remove and reserve
- Brush the pepper and aubergine with the a little oil and fry in the same pan, on a high heat, for 10 minutes, turning often.
- Meanwhile, in another pan, add 1 tablespoon of oil and a grind of black pepper, throw in basil and heat for 20 seconds, add the onions, garlic and tomatoes, heat through.
- Cook the pasta as directed, drain and add to the tomato mix.
- Cut the pepper and aubergine into bite-sized slices.
- Spoon the pasta, peppers, aubergines and tomatoes into an oven-proof dish. Top with torn mozzarella and finish with the chorizo.
- Bake for 15 minutes
Serve with a green salad
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#pasta #chorizopastaandvegetablebake #garlic #aubergine #tomatoes #onions #chorizo #basil #bake #brush #onion