Chilli Dog Frito Pie
Video of making this recipe (2.5 minutes)
We often make this in our Motorhome, it's a nice and simple recipe to make and is great food to pick at. Ideal for parties.
This is the kind of recipe you can throw in what you fancy - just make sure it's not too wet or you'll get soggy tortilla chips.
- 1 large pack lightly salted tortilla chips
- 1 560g can of hot dogs (large)
- Splash of olive oil
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small white onions, peeled an finely chopped
- 4 fresh tomatoes
- 180g mature Cheddar cheese
- Pinch of mixed herbs
- Chilli sauce to serve
- Preheat your oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4), [fan oven 160° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large baking tray
- Sprinkle with black pepper
- Finely chop the onions and arrange half in the base of the tray
- Chop half of the hot dogs into small pieces and scatter over the onions
- Roughly chop half of the tomatoes and add to the onions & hot dogs
- Tip the tortilla chip into the tray and top with the remaining chopped hot dogs, onions and tomatoes
- Sprinkle with a good pinch of mixed herbs (and chilli sauce if using)
- Cover with grated Cheddar cheese
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and the dogs are cooked.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.