Hot dog recipe
From Cookipedia(Redirected from Hot dogs)
Not really a recipe, more of a reminder for me to make these more often. The trick is to use good frankfurters and a crusty French stick. Tinned franks are ok but the shrik-wrapped franks are better. They are normally already cooked so only need reheating
- Heat the frankfurters as directed on the packet. The microwave is the easy option here.
- Gently fry the onions in a little olive oil until translucent
- Cut the French stick into four lengths
- Poke hole ¾ way down each piece of bread to make a pocket for the sausage
- Cut the frankfurter along its length to make a long slit and place a quarter of the onions in the gap
- With a knife, spread some mustard along the length of the bread
- Drop the frankfurter into the roll
For a really authentic look, get a 1980's Wimpy-Bar style squeezy tomato sauce dispenser!
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.