Chili con queso
A Mexican cheese fondue. Another quick and easy addition to your Tex-Mex night.
When I first saw this recipe I thought that it might need a fondue set but because of the tomatoes and cream it remained liquid enough to eat without requiring any extra heat. It was great with some tortilla chips and odd vegetables.
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- To dip:
- 200g bag of tortilla chips
- 1 French stick, sliced
- Sliced carrots, celery, bell peppers and other vegetables
- The fondue:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tomatoes chopped or 1 small can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeño
- 1 teaspoon ground white cumin
- 2 red chillies, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano, I used fresh but dried would be fine.
- 225 g (8 oz) Monterey Jack, Emmental or Cheddar cheese, or a mixture of both
- 150 ml single cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat the butter in a dutch oven and sauté the onions, garlic and peppers gently until the onions are translucent
- Add the tomatoes, chilli and cumin powder and simmer for 5 minutes
- Add the cheese and heat until melted
- Stir in the cream and the pickled jalapeño chillies and mix well
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.