Chicken La Daube
Chicken Daube, (Daube de Poulet), is a classic chicken recipe from Mauritius.
- 1kg whole chicken, cut into small pieces
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, crushed
- 3 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- 500g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 3 medium chillies, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fry the onions in the oil for a few minutes then add the garlic and ginger.
- Fry for 2 minutes before adding the chicken, cloves, cinnamon, thyme, chillies and a little salt.
- Allow to cook for about 15 minutes before adding the tomatoes.
- Simmer on low heat for about 30 minutes, or until the chicken is done then adjust the seasoning.
- Garnish with coriander.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#chickenladaube #coriander #plainboiledrice #blacklentilsdaal #thyme #chillies #tomatoes #garlic #cinnamon #blackpepper #onions