Chicken La Daube
Chicken Daube, (Daube de Poulet), is a classic chicken recipe from Mauritius.
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- 1kg whole chicken, cut into small pieces
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, crushed
- 3 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- 500g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 3 medium chillies, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fry the onions in the oil for a few minutes then add the garlic and ginger.
- Fry for 2 minutes before adding the chicken, cloves, cinnamon, thyme, chillies and a little salt.
- Allow to cook for about 15 minutes before adding the tomatoes.
- Simmer on low heat for about 30 minutes, or until the chicken is done then adjust the seasoning.
- Garnish with coriander.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.