Chalda loubia khadra (Green beans with almonds)
An unusual salad from Algeria.
- 675 g fine green beans, top and tailed
- 3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 150 ml mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 hard boiled eggs, thinly sliced
- 50 g slivered almonds, toasted until golden
- Black olives
- Cook the beans in lightly salted water for 8-10 minutes.
- Strain and leave to cool.
- Mix the parsley, mayonnaise and cumin in a bowl.
- Add the beans and toss gently.
- Taste, and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Pile the mixture into the centre of a shallow dish.
- Arrange the egg slices around the edge and scatter the almonds and olives over the top.
- Serve immediately.
I made this recipe using homegrown baby runner beans. As there were not that many of them, I made up the difference with frozen peas and served it with gravadlax and homegrown cucumbers. --Chef 09:44, 13 July 2011 (BST)
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#mayonnaise #beans #salad #parsley #gravadlax #almonds #greenbeans #pile #toasted #groundcumin #unusualrecipes