Forget the take away. This classic rich curry of chicken marinated in yogurt, cream and spices is easy to make at home.
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 2 tablespoons of butter or ghee
- 1 large onion
- ¼ teaspoon of fresh ground cinnamon
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon of ground coriander
- 2-3 teaspoons of chili powder
- 50g Tandoori masala powder
- 400 grams of skinless, boneless chicken thighs or breasts
- 100g Tomato puree
- 100g full cream
- 1 lemon or lime
- ½ cup of yogurt
- Trim and cut the chicken into small cubes
- In a large bowl add Tandoori powder, yogurt and lemon juice. Rub well into the chicken. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least an hour or more if you have the time.
- Slice the onions finely
- Heat a wok or large saucepan until evenly hot
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter until it froths
- Add the onions and the cinnamon powder to the wok and fry lightly. When the onions are soft and starting to brown, add the crushed garlic and ginger and fry for a minute or so
- Add the turmeric, chili and coriander, and sautee over a medium heat
- Add the cubed chicken and cook for 10 minutes
- Add the tomato puree and cream and heat through
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the chicken is properly cooked
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.