Broad Beans with Preserved Lemon (V)
Baby broad beans are the best to use with this recipe.
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 500g (11lb 2 oz) small broad beans, podded and shelled or frozen, defrosted
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 4 tablespoon Belazu extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium bunch of coriander, roughly chopped
- ½ Belazu preserved lemon thinly sliced
- juice of 1 lemon
- Dry fry the cumin seeds in a small frying pan for 30 seconds until you smell the aroma. Remove from the pan immediately. Grind into a powder using a pestle and mortar or the end of a rolling pin in a bowl.
- Put the beans in a large pan and add the ground cumin, onion, paprika, olive oil and 6 tablespoons of cold water. Season, cover and bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer, covered, for 10-15 mins until the beans are tender. (Less for defrosted frozen beans). If necessary, top up the water.
- Add the coriander, preserved lemon and lemon juice, then adjust the seasoning.
Try this with other beans or even peas. French beans would be nice though you would probably want to reduce the cooking time a little.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of Belazu.com
Belazu products used in this recipe
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.