This baked perfectly in my breadmaker. - Klapaucius
Broa is a type of cornbread traditionally made in Portugal and Galicia (and in Brazil, where it is traditionally seasoned with fennel). Unlike the cornbread typical of the southern United States, broa is made from a mixture of cornmeal and wheat or rye flour, and is leavened with yeast rather than baking powder or baking soda.
This yeast bread has the wholesome rustic flavour and texture that suitably accompanies soups, especially Caldo Verde, the Portuguese green soup made with tender kale, potatoes, and chouriço sausages. It has a wonderful crunchy crust when freshly baked.
- 2 teaspoons dried active yeast
- 150 ml (1/4 pint) tepid milk
- 200 ml (7 fl oz) tepid water
- 200 g yellow cornmeal
- 300 g (10 oz) strong white flour
- 1 level teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Add the ingredients to your breadmaker.
- Set to Whole wheat - Bake rapid Panasonic SD253 breadmaker
- Use menu 05 Whole wheat rapid bake (3 hours) on Panasonic SD-ZB2502 automatic breadmaker
- * Ideally: 15 min rest / 25 min knead / 1:40 min rise / 45 min bake
- Remove and cool on a wire tray once baking is complete.
Please discuss other bake setting here.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#broa #baking #driedactiveyeast #kneadingbread #ryeflour #panasonicsd253breadmaker #kale #bakingpowder #yeast #bake #potatoes