Pasta Rolls 4/5 You could stuff these with anything Klapaucius)
- 200 g plain or pasta flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 300 g minced beef
- 3 onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh herbs, eg parsley, mint, tarragon, basil - halve the quantity if using dried herbs.
- A little oil
- 375 ml beef stock
- 150 g butter
- 500 ml grape juice
- 1 bulb garlic, chopped (or to taste)
- Make a firm dough with the flour, egg and water.
- Knead and roll out to a thickness of 2-3 mm and cut into 5x6 cm rectangles.
- To make the filling, mix the meat, onions, pepper and herbs.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the meat mixture until the mince is browned and the onions soft.
- Divide the mixture and place some on one end of each of the dough rectangles.
- Roll up the rectangles so that one end is closed and the filling is about 1 cm from the open end.
- Stand them upright in a small saucepan (open end at the top) so that they are close together, and add the beef stock.
- Poach until the dough seems nearly cooked.
- Carefully drain the boraki into a colander.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan, add the boraki and cook until they are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, gently heat the grape juice and the garlic until hot and serve as a sauce with the boraki.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#boraki #onions #dough #garlic #herbs #flour #egg #beefstock #mincedbeef #grapejuice #butter