From Cookipedia(Redirected from Best for Bouillabaisse recipe)
This is one version of bouillabaisse which has many variations throughout the Mediterranean.
- 3kg mixed fish (white, oily and shellfish), large pieces cut into slices, small ones left whole
- 120g onions, peeled and chopped
- 60g leeks, washed and chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Garlic, to taste, crushed
- 1 teaspoon parsley, finely chopped
- Large pinch saffron
- 90ml olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig savory
- A pinch of fennel leaves
- Water or fish stock
- 10 Slices French bread
- In a large pan put the onion, leek, tomatoes, garlic, parsley, saffron, oil, bay lead, savory and fennel, together with the fish, excluding any soft fleshed fish such as mullet or whiting.
- Add enough water or stock to cover the ingredients and season.
- Bring to the boil and boil for 7-8 minutes, then add the remaining fish and continue to cook briskly for a further 15 minutes.
- Put some slices of a baguette into a tureen and strain the broth over the top.
- Serve the fish separately.
- Slightly adapted from a recipe in Ma Cuisine (1965), by A. Escoffier
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.