Beef stew with mushrooms (TM)
- 140g onions, peeled and quartered
- Garlic to taste, peeled
- 150g green or red peppers or a mixture of the two, quartered
- 40g olive oil
- 500g stewing beef, cut into small pieces
- 2 carrots, scraped, coarsely chopped
- 1 tin of mushrooms, drained or 130g fresh mushrooms, sliced if necessary
- 1 bay leaf
- 90g dry white wine
- 250g or more beef stock
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh or dried oregano, to taste
- 1 large potato or more, cut into smallish pieces
- 75g single cream or milk
- Put the onion, garlic and peppers in the bowl and process for 2 seconds at Speed 5.
- Push the food from the wall of the jug down into the bowl. add the oil and fry for 8 minutes / Speed Spoon / Temp. Varoma.
- Add the meat, set the blade to REVERSE and cook for 3 minutes / Speed Spoon / Temp. Varoma.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, except for the potato and cream and cook at the same temperature and speed for 40 minutes.
- 10 minutes before the end of the cooking time, add the potatoes.
- Add the cream and cook for 3 minutes longer.
This is a rather dry stew, so add extra stockif desired.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.