Basa and cheese pasta bake
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili flakes
- Olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 Cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 265 g fresh basa fillets, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 100g dried pasta. Eg: macaroni, tagliatelle etc. (broken into small pieces when dry)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 pint cheese sauce (two portions of this recipe)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 30 g cheese of your choice for topping
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6)
- Add a little olive oil to a frying pan, season with black pepper and chili flakes and gently fry the garlic and onions for about 5 minutes.
- Add all of the ingredients apart from the breadcrumbs and cheese and cheese sauce, to an oven proof casserole dish that has been lightly oiled.
- Using your hands, combine the ingredients well so they are evenly mixed.
- Pour over the cheese sauce and ensure it is evenly spread.
- Sprinkle with a little extra cheese, cover with breadcrumbs and a little drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
Make your own pasta from scratch
The normal (non-Youtube) recipe for home-made pasta is here if you prefer.