Baked Leeks with Dragon Welsh Cheddar cheese sauce
- 8 medium small leeks with most of the green parts removed
- 8 slices of Parma ham or serrano ham
- 120g Dragon mature Welsh cheddar cheese, grated
- 300 ml crème fraiche
- 1 heaped dessertspoon wholegrain mustard
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Black pepper & salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6), [fan oven 180° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Cook the leeks in a pan of boiling salted water for 5-6 mins until tender. Drain leeks thoroughly and allow to cool, pat dry with kitchen roll to ensure all excess liquid removed
- Wrap a slice of ham around each leek and place seam down in a shallow baking dish
- Place crème fraiche in mixing bowl and mix in Worcester sauce, mustard and seasoning. Add 100g of cheddar and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon over the leeks, sprinkle over remaining cheddar and bake for 20 mins until golden and bubbling.
For a lower fat alternative, use Dragon reduced fat mature Welsh cheddar cheese
Dragon cheese products can be purchased from Sainsbury's, Tesco, Asda, Morrisons, Lidl, local independent stores and cheese shops.
For trade, catering and export enquiries see their where to buy page.
Many thanks to South Caernarfon Creameries for kindly giving Cookipedia permission to use their recipes.
- South Caernarfon Creameries
- Dragon mature Welsh cheddar cheese
- Dragon reduced fat mature Welsh cheddar cheese
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.